Monday 25 April 2011

Finds: Jade Nail Polish

Ever since the first time I came across Chanel's collection featuring the now-ubiquitous Jade nail polish, I have searched for the perfect fascimile (why pay more than $20 if you can find one that makes you just as happy for, say, a fifth of the price?). This is the goal:


These are my finds:
(some pics mine, some from the Internetz)

Joe Fresh nail polish from the Superstore, $3-4. A lighter colour, but nice and opaque! Lots of compliments. And a fantastic price!

OPI nail polish in Hey, Get In Lime. This was donated for my volunteer nail-painting at a local elementary school's spring fling fundraiser, so I got to keep it. Not sure if it's still for sale... but it's lovely!

This is Avon Nailwear Pro's Jade. My favourite of the bunch, good price, nice wear. Contact your local Avon Lady!

Hard to get a good sense of its colour in this photo, but GOSH Cosmetics' Slinky Jade is a beaut. A little sheerer than the others but a nice deep green, a little more grown up.

The dream team!

Still waiting to try:

Essie's Turquoise and Caicos - much more blue than the others but has the same feel of being fresh, springy, bright

Revlon's Minted seems like a Robin's Egg Blue, more delicate

and even if it is a Bieber colour, My Lifesaver from Nicole by OPI looks like it's right in the middle of all these jades and turquoises.

Any other suggestions? Let me know!
- Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...