Tuesday 25 September 2012

Grilled cheese!

If I ever post about food - and I will - it will probably about sandwiches, cheese, or best yet, grilled cheese sandwiches. I know I am  late to this, but I also know a lot of people have not yet tried this amazing trick with grld chz: instead of butter, use mayonnaise to grill. It takes longer and absorbs more heat, so it browns better and doesn't just blacken the outsides. The cheese has time to melt. It's awesome!

Here are some pics of a particularly triumphant grilled cheese: honey oatmeal bread from the farmer's market, Island gouda and shredded pizza mozzarella, and farmer's market garlic-dill aioli (on the inside). And , of course, mayo on the outside. Perfection!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...