Sunday 23 September 2012

Pastels

It's interesting. In the past few months, I've taken to a few trends that I might not have gotten so caught up in if it weren't for the ubiquitous Instagram photos of top-knotted, Michael Kors watch-wearing, Peter Pan-collared ladies on Pinterest (Follow me here!). Coral, mint, peach, lavender, sky blue - yes, these pastels have always been favourites in my colour repertoire. But something about the way they've been presented to me has really made me so much more aware of my preferred palette, and I've become more adventurous with colours in my wardrobe as a result. Even my little sister and I joke about the ubiquity of certain trends on Pinterest - "wow, that's a nice Pinterest outfit" to refer to pink high-waisted shorts with a mint lace top.

Anyhow, I've taken to searching for these colours and have started offering some on Milk & Amber after combing through my stores. Here are some of those items!

Four-pack of vintage pastel enamel earrings, sourced around PEI.



It's safe to say that fall will change my colour preferences a bit, but it's been  a nice summer experimenting with these looks. I'm looking forward to blending these with fall colours too - mint with brown leather, lavender with forest green, peach and midnight blue... Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...